Summer entertaining tips and a summer salad recipe
- July 28, 2017 -
Nate and I have been living in our Echo Park home for over a year and a half now. We love our indoor space and we’ve finally put a little TLC into our cedar deck space just in time for summer. We added market lights, patio chairs, lanterns, and a few other accents to make a space perfect for al fresco dining and summer entertaining. Having a nice outdoor space has allowed us to plan some epic dinner parties with minimal preparation stress. Recyclable party ware has been a truly important factor of stressless outdoor entertaining, no broken dishes! I’ve discovered the beautiful new everyday entertaining line from Papyrus, allowing me to stay true to my feminine and modern aesthetic while being able to conquer post party clean up in minutes! I’m sure most of us, myself included, think of greeting cards when we think of Papyrus but they offer so many on trend paper goods for entertaining! Their paper plates, cups, napkins, and decorative accessories come in 13 collections so you can host a seamlessly styled event. I created a fresh and healthy shrimp salad recipe, paired with rosé for our most recent summer soirée. The Papyrus Pure Gold collection made my dish look next level. All of our new decor has made entertaining on the deck our favorite new activity and we can’t wait to enjoy it all summer long!
Check out all of the products from The Pure Gold collection here LINK
Chilled Shrimp Summer Salad
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 pound of raw shelled, deveined shrimp
A generous pinch of salt
A generous pinch of pepper
A tiny pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
The juice of half of a lemon
The zest of half of a lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
4 cups baby mixed salad greens
2 white nectarines, pitted and sliced
1/4 of a red onion, sliced thin
1/4 of a cucumber, halved and sliced thin
1. cook shrimp at medium heat for 5-8 minutes depending on preference, stirring occasionally.
2. Transfer shrimp into a medium bowl, top with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, and mint, combine well, cover and place in the fridge.
3. Add baby greens, nectarines, onion, and cucumber to a large bowl, toss until combined.
4. Add shrimp to salad bowl, toss until combined.
5. Plate on Papyrus Pure Gold Paper Plates.
6. Serve with an ice cold dry rosé in Papyrus Pure Gold Paper Cups.
7. Truly enjoy