- January 1, 2018 -
HAPPY 2018 loves!! THE WINTER SKINCARE GUIDE IS HERE!!
Aweeeeee I don’t know about you but I always get so excited for the fresh start of a new year! It’s the perfect time to reflect and think about many blessings you received in the previous year and how you want to build on what you’ve learned to make the next year that much better! This blog has gone through some changes in the last year, all directed by feedback from you! I’ve been slowly making the transition away from sharing about restaurants/recipes and honing in on green beauty and holistic skincare. My background in aesthetic nursing, home fermenting, and adopting a non toxic beauty lifestyle has given me the tools to help you on your journey to your best skin! I’m kicking off the new year with a seasonal skincare guide to help you navigate how the changing climate is effecting your skin. It’s january and the majority of the northern hemisphere is experiencing dry conditions that strip the moisture from skin, leaving it dry and chapped. My four tried and trusted green beauty picks for this winter season will hydrate your skin without clogging pores or creating breakouts.
WINTER SKINCARE GUIDE
Step 1) Cocokind Organic Chlorophyll Face Mask: My new favorite clarifying mask, I suggest using it at least once a week to gently purify skin and prevent clogged pores.It has Chlorella, spirulina, and wheatgrass, all the detoxifying greens to brighten your skin. I also love that it has a mild tightening effect on my skin.
Step 2) Osea Ocean Milk Cleanser: My all time favorite creamy cleanser, I use it everyday! It cleans skin without stripping it, then hydrates with Patagonian alge, it’s the perfect winter cleanser for all skin types.
Step 3) Cocokind Organic Rosewater Facial Toner: A luxurious hydrating toner for under $20! I’ve been using this toner multiple times a day, it is soooooo refreshing. I love using it before I put on moisturizer and mid day if my skin feels dry. The organic rose water softens and soothes skin, while also reducing dryness and leaving skin refreshed.
Step 4) January Labs Retexturizing Night Cream: OMG this moisturizer! I can’t sing its praises enough! This stuff makes my skin glow! This moisturizer is pure magic because it contains a high level of lactic acid and fruit extracts that naturally exfoliate skin to prevent breakouts, cleans pores, and slough off dead skin. It also contains
hyaluronic acid to strengthen skin elasticity, plump skin,and deeply hydrate during dry winter months.
I can’t wait for you loves to try this amazing winter skincare regime to have your best winter skin of life!!! Feel free to comment on this post with any questions! Xoxoxo happy new year.
- December 20, 2017 -
Happy Holidays loves. Tis’ the season to laugh, eat, relax, and spend quality time with the ones you hold dear. As I get older and have less free time, I value those special moments with loved ones even more. Spending time with my friends is an essential part of my holiday traditions. I’ll always thank my mother for instilling in me the importance of fostering female friendships. She always told me that your significant other alone will never be able to fulfill your communication or support needs. Now that I’m engaged I am so thankful that my mother gave me so many pearls of wisdom about allowing space for female connection and not expecting my parter to be my everything. Nothing beats communicating to someone who understands you, only another women can truly empathize with the nuances of feminine emotions. Having strong supportive members of my lady tribe has helped me through so many 20 something trials and tribulations. These close friendships are an essential and cherished part of my life and require intentional time and attention. Some of my tips for fostering these essential female relationships are:
1. Be a planner: Plan fun gatherings to continue to deepen your friendships and appreciate one another. As we get older and busier it’s essential to intentionally plan time with your babes. Put something on the calendar, it’s the only way to ensure that you’ll be able to link up despite crazy schedules. Start a tradition, the holidays are a perfect time to plan a festive lady date tradition.
I recently planned a holiday babes brunch with some of my favorite women in LA. I brought together an amazing group of golden hearted females from different parts of my LA life. To make this event extra festive I set the table with one of the adorable new designs for the Papyrus Holiday Entertaining Collection. This line of entertaining products has everything from high quality paper plates to the bedazzled name cards I used for our white elephant gift exchange. I love all three of the new designs featured in the Papyrus Entertaining Collection becasuse they help you elevate your holiday moments, making them joyful events.
Click the link below to shop the collection to add a special touch to your holiday gathering! Bonus point s add a lovely thank you card post event:)
Keep in touch: This may seem obvious but take the time out of your day to send a text, make a call to a friend or even send a Papyrus greetings card to check in. You never know how your besties day might be going, sometimes a simple text with an inside joke or a loving greeting can totally change her day for the better.
3) Listen: Give your friends the opportunity to communicate the issues in their lives without judgment. Be the person who allows them to be open and expressive no matter what they’re dealing with, opening that honest line of communication with bond you for life. Ive had multiple friends tell me that they feel safe telling me things about their life that they can’t talk to other friends about because of my lack of criticism. Having friends tell me I’m a non critical listener makes my heart so full.
I hope these tips help you build your tribe even stronger!!
- December 7, 2017 -
Happy Fermentation Friday loves! I’m the kind of girl who gets obsessed about a breakfast and eats the exact same thing for months. This breakfast has benefits that go far beyond heavenly flavor. This smoothie is an amalgamation of just under ten superfoods specifically selected to nourish skin. The combination of fermented foods (to prep your system for breakdown and absorption) and nutrient dense blends, make this smoothie medicinal in efficacy. This antioxidant packed smoothie protects skin from free radicals, keeping it looking youthful and hydrated. I wanted to highlight Goop Glow, a new antioxidant superpowder by the babes at Goop. This powder has results driven amounts of vitamin C, vitamin E, CoQ10, lutein, zeaxanthin, and grape-seed proanthocyanidins. The active ingredients in Goop Glow help Fight free radicals, Provides photo protection from the sun and build collagen. Skincare is truly 50/50, this smoothie will fill your 50 percent of internal nutrients in just one meal, so drink up loves!
Skin Booting Smoothie Recipe
The five ingredients below were delivered to my door by Milk and Eggs and you can get $20 off of your order of $40 or more using my code for you THETRUESPOON
3/4 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/4 cup Health-Ade ginger kombucha
1 handful of frozen kale
1 tablespoon Spread the Love PB
The juice of half a lemon
1 tablespoon probiotic cocoyo
1. Add all smoothie ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth
2. Top with topping ingredients
- December 1, 2017 -
Happy Holidays loves! It’s my favorite season of giving aka the perfect excuse to share some of my favorite products with you for all of the skin lovers on your list, including yourself! Yes this is another gift guide but it’s one that can add true value to your life and the lives of ones you love. Who doesn’t want beautiful healthy skin this holiday season? Healthy skin is a holistic proposition, full of lifestyle do’s and dont’s. In this healthy skin gift guide I’m sharing 4 of my favorite products, surprisingly only one is a “skincare” product, that have helped me achieve my best skin. All of these festive items make truly thoughtful gifts that anyone on your list would love! These glowy skin gifts will not disappoint, weather you’re shopping for loved ones of gifting yourself something special, btw you deserve it! In addition to this guide I will be conducting an Instagram giveaway with each product, one for every week of December! These giveaways are a thank you for all of your amazing support, I want to reciprocate your love by providing you with the opportunity to win these products that are so near and dear to my heart!
(Counterclockwise from bottom right)
1. Hydrating & Age Defying Everyday Essentials Skincare Kit from Osea Malibu: This travel-size skincare set contains all of my favorite organic Patagonian seaweed products that lock in moisture for super hydrated skin. This kind of hydration is essential for all skin types, you’ve gotta hydrate to glow!
Set Contains: Ocean Cleansing Milk , Sea Vitamin Boost, Essential Hydrating Oil, & Advanced Protection Cream.
$48 GIFT NOW
2. 100-Piece Chocolate Box from Addictive Wellness: This crazy amazing holiday box contains all of my favorite varieties of SUGAR-FREE • GLUTEN-FREE • GMO-FREE SOY-FREE • DAIRY-FREE • NUT-FREE Raw Heirloom Artisinal Chocolate. This wellness chocolate has a two fold benefit, one it contains tons of skin supporting antioxidants and two, it is a great dessert substitute for the usual refined sugar laden holiday treats that leave your skin inflamed!
$159 GIFT NOW
3. Goop Edition 03, Incense Fragrance & Candle: This scent combines active, healing essences, all of which possess homeopathic, Avyurvedic, spiritual, mystical, and emotional benefits. The notes include cedar, frankincense, and a few other woody delights! This soothing natural fragrance will help reduce holiday stress and cortisol. Keeping stress and cortisol low will prevent you from getting unruly breakouts over the holidays.
Fragrance, $165; Candle, $72 GIFT NOW
4. Pro Line® Series Blender from KitchenAid®.: Meet the most powerful blender you’ll ever need and the ultimate tool for making healthy, nutritious eating easy. I use my Kitchenaid blender everyday to make my nutrient dense smoothie! This crazy powerful tool allows me to blend all of my favorite skin boosting superfoods into one easy to drink smoothie. This thing is worth every penny and your skin will love you for it.
$629.99 GIFT NOW
- November 12, 2017 -
Are you going to a Thanksgiving gathering this year? If so I have the perfect unexpected yet delicious side dish sure to wow your thanksgiving host! The best part about this fall recipe is that all of the ingredients can be ordered online from Milk and Eggs, delivered to your door, and prepared in under 20 minutes! One of my main life hacks is to make easy recipes that can bake while you do other things! 13/20 minutes required for this recipe are completely hands off! Feel free to do some self care like a mask or a meditation while your salmon bakes, you’ll glow like the genius foodie goddess you are when you arrive at your holiday destination, magical salmon in hand.
Fall salmon à la parchment
Servers 10 as a side dish
Total cook time: 20 minutes
2 1/2 1” slices of red cabbage
10 paper thin slices of delicata squash
5 4 ounce pieces of wild caught salmon
2 Meyer lemons, sliced thin
A jar of ground allspice
Salt to taste
1/4 cup of radish sprouts
1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cut 5 pieces of parchment paper the length of the distance from your middle finger to elbow
3. Place 2 cabbage slices down on the parchment, top with two delicata rounds, top with 1 piece of salmon, top with two lemon slices, sprinkle with allspice, and sprinkle with salmon
4. Cover salmon with top portion of parchment paper, and roll in right side of paper, continuing around whole piece of salmon, tucking the tail under the parchment bundle (it’ll look like a calzone)
5. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all pieces of salmon are happily inside their parchment pocket
6. Place all parchment bundles onto a baking sheet
7. Bake salmon for 13 minutes
8. Plate salmon, garnish with radish sprouts, and pomegranate seeds
9. Truly enjoy
Heres a link to Milk and Eggs LINK, use my code truespoon for $20 off an order of $40 or more and check out my Instagram LINK to enter to win a $100 gift card to get all of your Fall salmon à la parchment ingredients