Magic Morning Tonic
- July 19, 2017 -
There’s a method to the madness when it comes to morning tonics. Every wellness blogger and their mom has a magic concoction and for good reason! The medicinal food trend is going to change the world, or at least help those who get on the train feel amazing. I’m going to share my morning tonic obsession with you and explain why I add what I add. I want you to adapt this recipe to your needs, taste buds, and product availablity, there is no wrong answer! In my opinion most morning brew/tonic/liquid breakfast recipes were initially inspired by the bulletproof guys. Years ago when that trend first popped up on my radar, I would’ve rather died than spoon a bunch of butter into my coffee. Funny enough, now I’m happily adding tons of calorie dense coconut creme into my tonic without batting an eyelash. I’ve tried Ghee and butter in hot drinks but I’m very sensitive to those forms of dairy so I stick to coconut fat for my tonics. I’m going to list out the ingredients in my personal kickstarting, nutrient dense, superfood tonic and what their individual benefits are. Remember that I highly encourage getting creative and making this recipe your own! Also be sure to check my instagram to enter my latest giveaway where you have the chance to win a full sized jar of Moon Juice adaptogenic Spirit Dust (contest ends Wednesday July 26th).
Magic Morning tonic
1) 1 bag yogi chai tea: a touch of caffeine because let’s face it I’m still a touch addicted but there are less mg’s of caffeine in tea than coffee. This tea also has a great flavor and natural sweetness
2) 2 tablespoons coconut cream: this healthy saturated fat boosts brain function and satiates the body for hours.
3) 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder: antioxidantssssssss enough said
4) 1/4 teaspoon stevia: adds sweetness without a sugar crash
5) 1/4 Vietnamese cinnamon: adds sweetness, flavor, and immune boosting
6) a sprinkle of cayenne: to boost metabolic function
7) a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt: adds a depth of flavor and trace minerals
8) 1 tablespoon of Moon Juice adaptogenic Spirit Dust (Giveaway Prize): This is truly the magic ingredient in the magic tonic. Its an uplifting blend of adaptogenic superherbs and supermushrooms that help combat the effects of stress to expand peaceful awareness and align you with bliss. You know we all need that!!
1) Brew the Yogi chai tea bag with water, fill your mug about 3/4 full with hot water, allow it to steep for 5 minutes
2) add in all the rest of the ingredients and stir until smooth and creamy
Truly enjoy loves