Happy Wednesday loves, on this edition of The True Spoon Travels, I’m finally sharing my photo diary from my recent trip to London and Paris as well as my tips to keep you healthy and happy along the way. Traveling is one of the most amazing experiences money can buy but it can be very difficult to keep up with a wellness lifestyle while abroad. Staying healthy and feeling good along the way is really pretty easy in these cities if you put a little time into self care. In addition to my tips I’ve added a few must sees and must Eats from my journey. Even though I’m giving you a list of musts I highly encourage picking a great idea and just exploring instead of referring to a travel guide for all of your experiences. I hope these travel tips keep you feeling amazing on the road.
Tips and tricks
1. Pre and post flight supplies: get your pre and post flight vitamins on lock to protect your immune system from all the travel bugs out there. Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Aloe are travel musts for me! If you’re in LA go to moon juice to get all the goods.
2. Don’t wear makeup on the plane: keep fresh faced with the addition of a hydrating oil while traveling so your pores don’t get clogged and your skin doesn’t get dehydrated. You want to show up looking glowy not clogged or smudged.
3. Wash your hands: I know this one sounds obvious but really and truly wash your hands like crazy, 20 seconds or longer anytime you’re touching communal things.
4. Hydrate: make sure to pack a reusable water bottle in Europe and make sure to bring it with you. Trust me you will be walking miles and miles and hopefully enjoying multiple alcoholic drinks so you need to drink copious amounts of water.
5. Fiber: This is one of my best travel tips! Make sure to get multiple servings of fibrous fresh fruits and veggies while your traveling. I am a huge advocate to indulging while traveling but you’ve gotta get the good stuff in in order to keep your GI system happy. No one wants to be constipated abroad.
6. Walk: I don’t think you can avoid this one but try to walk or take public transit to as many destinations as possible. Walking will help you metabolize all of those extra calories and leave you feeling light as a feather. Walking also improves digestion, fights jet lag, and aids in sleep.
1. Stay where the cool kids are staying: We stayed at the Ace Hotel in Shoreditch and I couldn’t suggest it more! We loved the swanky yet casual vibe of the hotel and the young bustling neighborhood.
2. Find a juice bar: I found the loveliest juice bar attached to our hotel, called the East London Juice Co. This spot had every tonic, juice, smoothie, and bowl a wellness foodie could dream of. I went every single day in London to get a fresh ginger shot.
3. Take a liquid history tour: We absolutely loved the tour we took of six historic London pubs. The history was incredible and our tour guide Freddy was such a delight. Our favorite bars from the tour were The Cockpit and The Ship Tavern. The Cockpit was built in 1860 and originally served as cockfighting ring, it looks straight out of Harry Potter. The Ship Tavern was built in 1549 and offered up live jazz music, a full menu of gin cocktails in giant wine glasses, and the best honey roasted peanuts I’ve ever tasted. Link to the tour Liquid History Tour
4. Visit the London Bridge: Pretty sure Walt Disney based Cinderella’s castle after this gorgeous London landmark. We walked across the bridge, had tea on the Thames riverside patio of the London Bridge Hotel, and luxuriated in the beautiful view.
5. Eat Indian food: I agree with the general consensus that British food is kind of meh, the Indian food however is amazing. We loved our meal at Dishoom in Shoreditch, they have 3 London locations and they’re open for weekend brunch, lunch, and dinner.
1. Stay where the cool kids are staying: We stayed in the dreamiest apartment in Le Marais and I would stay there time and time again. We found our little apartment on air B and B and we were enamored by the mix of modern features mixed with classic haussmannian architecture Link to Air B and B Style & Luxury: Penthouse with Lift
2. Eat the bread: In France flour is considered a perishable item and is preservative free. Its illegal to feed cows anything besides grass, therefore all of the butter in pastries is grass fed. The food is so high quality you’ll still feel amazing even after your trip to the boulangerie. Go to any single bakery in Paris, they’re all amazing .
3. See the sights: The Eiffel tour and the Tuileries Garden are the ultimate must see’s in Paris! They are both beyond gorgeous and he perfect spots to have a french picnic.
4. Eat on the Seine: The food in Paris is beyond fantastic and absolutely everything you find will be delicious but my one pick is a charming little shipping container turned kitchen on the left bank of the river. Maison Maison is the most charming little restaurant with hip vibes, a flawless menu, and a perfect place to watch the sunset.
I hope these lists help you love these cities as much as we did while continuing to feel tip top. If anyone wants some travel companions Nate and I are ready to go back yesterday.
Love you! Sounds like wonderful fun.
Hi Celeste! Is there any way you can send me the airbnb link? I’m searching for the perfect little spot to stay for my trip in November!
Yes love!! Our spot was literally the perfect little spot!lol will send link:)