Hi loves!! I finally got my first nontoxic natural looking airbrush spray tan and I had to share the details with you! I normally use at home products to get a sunless glow but in prep for my upcoming wedding, I tested out the big guns. In this post I’m outlining the basics of non toxic air brush spray tans and some essential tips to get a long lasting bronze.
I asked you loves for your all natural spray tan suggestions on Instagram stories, overwhelmingly Sugared and Bronzed was the top suggestion. Sugared and Bronzed is an LA based company that utilizes sugar, water, beet extract, and DHA to give your skin a bronze glow. The naturally derived DHA acts as an oxidation agent to brown the skin, similar to how a cut apple gets brown when left on the counter. This completely nontoxic formula is True Spoon approved and safe enough for your face!
The hand airbrush method is performed by an experienced technician who contours the tan specifically to your body. I selected the level 3 signature tan as per your suggestion and it was perfect (see before and after). The process only takes about 20 minutes and lasts about a week! Now onto the essential tips.
1) Exfoliate your body in the shower before you spray tan, sloughing off dead skin is essential to a long lasting even glow. I only cleansed my face prior to my spray tan because I exfoliate often. If you don’t exfoliate often, you might want to exfoliate your face the day before.
2) Do not use oil based lotions or moisturizers on your face or body before you spray tan, it will prevent the solution from properly sticking to your skin.
3) Wear black clothing to your appointment, there is a staining bronzer component and you don’t want to stain your clothes.
4) Avoid getting water on your skin post spray tan, seriously, not a drop. No dishes, hand washing, or laundry for you! Getting droplets of water on your skin for the first 12 hours can leave little white water marks.
5) Plan ahead, you have to let the tanning solution stay on your skin for 12 hours before you shower, I suggest spraying in the morning or afternoon and laying low until you can shower.
5) Moisturize with lotion post shower, hydrating your skin will maintain your tan.
I hope this outline and list of tips will help you have an amazing spray tan experience! I fell in love with my tan and will be heading back to Sugared and Bronzed Pre wedding! If you choose to try out this awesome nontoxic all natural spray tan, tell them Celeste Thomas sent you and get a free ebook of your choice.
Ask any additional questions in the comment section below.
For more nontoxic beauty content check outTHE BEST NONTOXIC LIPSTICK