Happy March loves! THE ANTI-AGING SKINCARE GUIDE IS HERE!
Skin aging starts early in our teens, no matter your age, it’s never too early to start slowing down the negative effects. In this anti-aging guide I will help you prevent and reverse the effects of skin again with my trusty antiaging secrets. I utilize treatments, preventative ingredients, and a specific order of application to achieve plump dewy skin.
So what ages our skin? Besides alcohol and Cheetos? There’s a laundry list of culprits including collagen breakdown, sun exposure, dehydration, pollution, a reduction of estrogen, and loss of elastin. My wised up anti-aging skincare strategy was designed to fight these culprits, it relies on four main factors: Treatments, ingredients, order of application, and diligence.
-Treatments: We can trick our bodies into building new collagen and elastin fibers by creating minor injury to the skin. Technology has improved to the point where we have option to do these minuscule injury procedures in office or at home and I’ve had good experiences with both. Too be frank, I’m too busy for downtime and I rather spend my money on vacations than procedures, so I’m all about those at home treatments. I’ve been loving this at home Glowpro microneedling device from Beauty Bio Science, I’ve been doing my neck and declote twice a week for 3 weeks and I can already see a major improvement in my skin. I’ve omitted my face because it’s bee irritated this winter and you only wanna microneedle on very healthy skin.
MY PICK: GloPRO Microneedling Facial Tool
-Ingredients: This is hugely important. Using high quality plant extracts to chemically exfoliate and hydrate the skin is key to a dewy glow. So many drug store products have alcohols and harsh chemicals that strip the skin. Most cheap products also have silicone to make the skin look hydrated but it really just clogged your pores. Use nontoxic brands you can trust and your skin will thank you for it. All of my product picks have the highest quality ingredients to make your skin look fresher than a March daisy.
-Order of application: This is one of the greatest problems I see with individual’s skincare routines. You’ve got to layer your products correctly in order to get the true benefit out of each product. That glowy hydrated skin you see on Instagram is achievable if you follow this order of operations
1. Cleansers: Only cleanse with water in the am to avoid drying out your skin. Get all of your makeup off of your face before you wash at night, you can use a makeup wipe or you’re going to want to do a double wash. Once your makeup is off wash in an upward motion to help reverse the effects of gravity. Pick a cleanser that has both hydrating and deep cleaning properties to reveal younger looking skin.
Malic Acid: exfoliates and refines skin tone and texture
Sage, Lemon and Dandelion: purify pores
Coconut Cleansers: deeply cleanse
Algae: nourish and hydrate
2. Toners: Are a must, to balance PH and chemically exfoliate the skin. You want to chemically exfoliate with toner to increase cell turnover, cleanse pores, and slough dead skin revealing brighter younger looking skin. The watery consistency of toner also acts as a vehicle for your serums to better absorb.
MY PICK: January Labs Daily Brightening Tonic
Aloe: Moisturizes and heals irritated and stressed skin.
Lactic Acid: Medicinally improves skin texture and hydration level.
Witch Hazel: Aggressively fights acne-causing bacteria
Glycerin: Attracts water and seals in moisture.
3. Serums: Act as the 1st layer of treatment/moisture, their smaller molecular weight allows them to absorb deep into dehydrated skin. What is life without serum???? It’s a dull, sad, dehydrated life for sure.
Bio-identical CoQ10: Fights environmental stressors
Vitamin C ester: Non acidic and non-irritating form of the anti-aging Vitamin C powerhouse.
Phytonutrients: Feeding skin, leaving it soft and luminous.
Essential fatty acids: Intense hydration
4. Eye cream: Is essential because dehydrated eye skin can age you faster than your affinity for soft rock. This second layer of moisture for the most delicate skin on your face needs to be gentle and moisturizing.
MY PICK: Honest Beauty The Younger Eye Cream
Hyaluronic acid: To attract moisture and hydrate skin.
Barbary fig and baobab fruit, both rich in essential fatty acids.
A chamomile and calendula blend: Calms and soothes.
5. Moisturizer: The second layer of treatment/moisture to lock in a healthy glow and protect skin. This step is especially important for aging skin that needs that extra boost of moisture. This step also helps protect against environmental free radicals that can prematurely age skin.
MY PICK:Osea Advanced Protection Cream
Organic Seaweed: Deeply hydrates and firms skin.
DPHP: Reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
Grapeseed, Jojoba and Avocado oils: minimize the appearance of fine lines.
I hope you enjoy loves!! And don’t forget to enter the anti-aging skincare guide giveaway on Instagram! DM me if you have any additional questions!
If you’d like to learn incorporate more healthy skin practices into your routine, check out this post CORTISOL LOWERING MORNING ROUTINE