This Organic Spatchcocked Roasted Chicken is one of my #eattoglow staples! I love the healthy fat’s in the dark meat and Nate loves the white meat. If you want a perfect roast chicken with plenty of left overs for meal prep, this is your recipe! We love to eat a chicken salad or soup the day after.
High protein foods help to stabilize blood sugar, balance hormones, and fight breakouts. The quality of the chicken truly effects the nutrient density of this recipe so make sure you’re buying organic.
Organic Spatchcocked Roasted Chicken
1 organic chicken
2 tablespoons avocado oil
a generous pinch of salt
fresh herbs (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 450
– Cut the backbone out of the chicken using a kitchen shear.
– Place chicken breast side up in a cast iron skillet, press down with both hands to flatten slightly.
– Dry chicken with a paper towel, and coat skin with avocado oil and salt.
– Bake chicken for 40-50 minutes depending on the size of the chicken, test meat by cutting into the breast, making sure the juice runs clear.
– Let chicken set for 5 minutes before slicing.
-Leftovers will last in the fridge for 3 days
If you liked this #eattoglow recipe, check out my OLIVEY BROILED SALMON SALAD