Hi loves!! I have to be honest with you loves, I am completely mortified of sun exposure, all my tan is FAKE! I get tons of Q’s about my faux glow and I had to spill the juice. In this post I’m outlining my #ttsapproved professional and at home non toxic tan picks and some essential tips to get a perfect long lasting bronze.
My professional pick: I asked you loves for your all natural spray tan suggestions on Instagram stories, overwhelmingly Sugared and Bronzed was the top suggestion. Sugared and Bronzed is an LA based company that utilizes sugar, water, beet extract, and DHA to give your skin a bronze glow. The naturally derived DHA acts as an oxidation agent to brown the skin, similar to how a cut apple gets brown when left on the counter. This completely nontoxic formula is True Spoon approved and safe enough for your face!
The hand airbrush method is performed by an experienced technician who contours the tan specifically to your body. I selected the level 3 signature tan as per your suggestion and it was perfect (see before and after). The process only takes about 20 minutes and lasts about a week!
My at home pick: For the most natural streak free color you can get at home is Suntegrity 5-1 natural self tanner
How to get the a long lasting streak free glow
How to prep for any faux tan
1) Exfoliate your body in the shower before you spray tan, sloughing off dead skin is essential to a long lasting even glow. I only cleansed my face prior to my spray tan because I exfoliate often. If you don’t exfoliate often, you might want to exfoliate your face the day before.
2) Do not use oil based lotions or moisturizers on your face or body before you spray tan, it will prevent the solution from properly sticking to your skin.
3) Wear an extra large long sleeve black t-shirt after you tan, there is a staining bronzer component for the professional tan and you don’t want to stain your clothes or your couch.
4) Avoid getting water on your skin post spray tan, seriously, not a drop. No dishes, hand washing, or laundry for you! Getting droplets of water on your skin for the first 12 hours can leave little white water marks.
5) Plan ahead, you have to let the tanning solution stay on your skin for 12 hours before you shower for the professional version, I suggest spraying in the morning or afternoon and laying low until you can shower.
5) Moisturize with tan extending lotion post shower, hydrating your skin and using a touch of gradual tan will maintain your glow by at least 3 more days. I use the one from NKD SKN, it truly works and is of course completely nontoxic!
I hope this outline and list of tips will help keep a stunning faux glow all year long. Please ask any additional questions in the comment section below.
For more nontoxic beauty content check out THE BEST NONTOXIC LIPSTICK