- November 12, 2017 -
Are you going to a Thanksgiving gathering this year? If so I have the perfect unexpected yet delicious side dish sure to wow your thanksgiving host! The best part about this fall recipe is that all of the ingredients can be ordered online from Milk and Eggs, delivered to your door, and prepared in under 20 minutes! One of my main life hacks is to make easy recipes that can bake while you do other things! 13/20 minutes required for this recipe are completely hands off! Feel free to do some self care like a mask or a meditation while your salmon bakes, you’ll glow like the genius foodie goddess you are when you arrive at your holiday destination, magical salmon in hand.
Fall salmon à la parchment
Servers 10 as a side dish
Total cook time: 20 minutes
2 1/2 1” slices of red cabbage
10 paper thin slices of delicata squash
5 4 ounce pieces of wild caught salmon
2 Meyer lemons, sliced thin
A jar of ground allspice
Salt to taste
1/4 cup of radish sprouts
1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cut 5 pieces of parchment paper the length of the distance from your middle finger to elbow
3. Place 2 cabbage slices down on the parchment, top with two delicata rounds, top with 1 piece of salmon, top with two lemon slices, sprinkle with allspice, and sprinkle with salmon
4. Cover salmon with top portion of parchment paper, and roll in right side of paper, continuing around whole piece of salmon, tucking the tail under the parchment bundle (it’ll look like a calzone)
5. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all pieces of salmon are happily inside their parchment pocket
6. Place all parchment bundles onto a baking sheet
7. Bake salmon for 13 minutes
8. Plate salmon, garnish with radish sprouts, and pomegranate seeds
9. Truly enjoy
Heres a link to Milk and Eggs LINK, use my code truespoon for $20 off an order of $40 or more and check out my Instagram LINK to enter to win a $100 gift card to get all of your Fall salmon à la parchment ingredients
- November 10, 2017 -
Happy Fermentation Friday loves! Today’s Friday post has double the juicy deets with the results to my Pinnertest food intolerance test and a eat to glow Beet Babe Smoothie Bowl recipe based on an anti inflammatory diet!
Prior to taking the PinnertestI had some intuitive feelings about foods that I didn’t think agreed with me but never any true evidence of an intolerance. I’ve never really liked eggs, I’ve always known that processed carbs made me feel crappy, and I hated the insulin slump an hour after eating refined sugar but beyond that I was in the dark. I’ve always just kind of eaten what I thought my body needed and dealt with mild bloat when it happened. Fermented foods have regulated my digestion and made me feel like my best self but this food intolerance test is taking things a bit further. One thing to clear up before I tell you about my results, food allergies and intolerances are not the same thing. To put it very simply, food allergies elicit symptoms as soon as you eat them, food intolerances occur slowly over after you eat them. The slower onset of food intolerance makes it very tricky to spot, potentially causing a bevy of unwanted symptoms. Because of the latent onset you could be increasing bloat, skin issues, and GI irregularity with every meal! Blood tests are the best way to establish food intolerance and help you eliminate foods that trigger your intolerance.
I did my easy at home blood test, sent in my sample, and received my results via email in about 4 days. When I opened my results I was flabbergasted By my level three intolerance to cashews!! That level of intolerance is no joke, goodbye homemade cashew cheese and milk. I also had a level one intolerances to soy, sesame, garlic, and egg yolks. I am going to try to completely eliminate all of my trigger foods for a month and report back! If you guys are interested in trying Pinnertest and learning more about how to feel your best I have a discount code for you, use TRUESPOON for $60 off your test and free international shipping Pinnertest Link .
Before I received my test results I had been eating a homemade protein bread with lots and lots of egg yolks, sometimes washing it down with cashew milk! I developed a new craveable breakfast recipe that is tolerance approved! This Beet Babe Smoothie Bowl contains whole ingredients to nourish your body and make you glow from the inside out.
Beet Babe Smoothie Bowl
1 cup roasted then frozen beets 1/2 cup raw then frozen zucchini
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop unsweetened vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup white chia seeds
1 dropper liquid stevia
1/2 a packet of Four Sigmatic Cordyceps Myshroom Elixer (red packet) BUY NOW
A sprinkle of cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt (optional)
A tablespoon of white chia seeds
Two tablespoons probiotic cocoyo, wanna learn how to make it at home? Click the link below to sign up for my upcoming probiotic coconut yogurt workshop WORKSHOP LINK
A small handful of toasted coconut shavings
2 teaspoons of pomegranate seeds
1. Add all smoothie bowl ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth (it will be thick)
2. Top with all of the toppings (go ham)
3. Truly enjoy
- November 1, 2017 -
Since it’s officially November, the month of giving thanks, I’m prioritizing sweet gestures and spending time with loved ones. I’m kicking off this holiday season with a sweet recipe to share. I plan on continuing to make this simple Sweet Potato Mousse Bites recipe throughout the year, to share a consistent bit of sweetness with the ones I love. One mantra that I’ve adopted this month is to bring sweetness into the lives of others. One kind act, one bite of delicious food, and one smile from a stranger can make world just a little bit better. Make sure to share a little sweetness on November 13th, World Kindness day, maybe by sharing this sweet potato mouse bite recipe. In addition to being delicious, sweet potatoes are packed with vitamin A, fiber, and are naturally sweet. Adding more sweet potatoes to your diet and the diets of those around you is an easy way to soak up all the sweetness life has to offer. I’m sharing this recipe and a chance to win one Vitamix for you and one to share with a loved one below
Click the link below to get the recipe
Click the link below to win one Vitamix for you and one for a friend!!!!!
Here is the Rafflecopter code for your post: a Rafflecopter giveaway
- October 20, 2017 -
Celeste here! In this post I’m rounding up my favorite all natural masks for the most common beauty blunders. I’m listing the details of each mask pictured, why it’s amazing, what beauty blunder it can improve, and an easy link to purchase. I’m also listing my tips and tricks to help you get the most of your masks.
(Masks numbered clockwise, starting with bottom left)
1) OSEA white alge mask: This brightening mask is amazing because it’s made with versitile patagonian alge that simultaneously fights breakouts while hydrating skin. The common beauty blunder this mask combats is acne.
2) AYLA TWELVE Beauty The London Mask: This creamy mask is amazing because the detoxifying ingredients heal and calm stressed skin. The common beauty blunder that this mask combats is redness and sensitivity.
3) SONAGE patagonia berry stem cell mask: This youth promoting mask is amazing because it contains antioxidant powerful plant stem cells to hydrate skin and help reduce fine lines. The common beauty blunder that this mask combats is wrinkles and other signs of aging.
SONAGE PATAGONIA BERRY MASK LINK
4) SONAGE pom crush detox enzyme mask: This exfoliant mask is amazing because it contains clarifying enzymes to gently exfoliate skin. The common beauty that this mask combats is clogged pores and general dead skin cell build up.
Tips and Tricks
1) Only apply masks to extremely clean skin. I wash my skin and use a makeup wipe before I apply any mask. Having perfectly clean skin ensures that all the ingredients of the mask can penetrate into the skin.
2) Keep your masks in a dark place. Keeping all natural masks out of bright light is essential to prevent them from oxidizing and improving the shelf life. I keep my masks in my medicine cabinet to avoid them from getting light exposed.
3) Put masks on before you shower. I apply my masks 10-15 minutes before I take a shower so I can easily get all of the mask off my face without dirtying a washcloth or making a mess of my bathroom.
I hope you enjoyed my mask roundup with tips and tricks! Feel free to comment on this post with any additional questions or to review these picks!
- October 10, 2017 -
Wellness travel routine and essentials
Traveling is one of my favorite past times on earth but the process can leave me with a depleted system and terrible skin! I’ve learned some essential tips and tricks to maintain beautiful skin and a healthy body that I’m so excited to share with you! These easy pre and post travel tips and products are essential to my wellness routine, I hope they keep you looking and feeling your best as you go and live your best traveling life!
Pre travel tips
1. Eat some fermented foods before your flight! Happy bacteria in ferments literally act as healthy soldiers ready to fight off the bevy of nasty illness causing bacteria/viruses at the airport. If you want to learn how to make fermented foods with me you still have time to sign up for my October 25th workshop
2. Osea sea vitamin boost: This hydrating spray preps your skin for extreme moisture on travel days.
OSEA SEA VITAMIN BOOST
3. Osea undaria argan oil: this ultimate moisturizer will hydrate and protect your skin from the ultra drying plane air.
OSEA UNDARIA ARGAN OIL
4. Juice beauty illuminating primer: This antioxidant rich serum primer smoothes skin and gives you a dewy glow without makeup.
JUICE BEAUTY ILLUMINATING PRIMER
Post travel tips
1. Have some adaptogens! When I get off the plane I consume some Adaptogenic super herbs in a tonic or pudding to replace whatever my travels depleted. I’m loving Moon Juice Spirit Dust post travel to vitality.
MOON JUICE SPIRIT DUST
2. Osea red alge mask: This clarifying mask detoxifies my skin and prevents acne.
Stay beautiful inside and out my wanderlust loves